Audio transcription software for Android devices. Transcribe wherever you are!
(*** THIS APP DOES NOT TRANSCRIBE AUTOMATICALLY - IT ENABLES YOU TO TYPE THE TEXT MANUALLY. ***)
This is the Android version of the FTW Transcriber, the widely-used Windows audio transcription software for manual transcribers.
Why not use your Android smartphone or tablet for audio transcription?
Think audio transcription has to be done at your desk? Not any more. With the FTW Transcriber for Android you can transcribe and earn wherever you are – in the dentist’s waiting-room, while relaxing on the sofa, sitting on the train or bus… literally anywhere!
Now COMPATIBLE with foot pedals, physical keyboards and headphones - or just use it with the on-screen buttons.
- superior sound quality for trouble-free transcription
- automatic adding of time-stamps and frame numbers - huge time-saver! (optional)
- on-screen buttons or fully compatible with USB keyboards
- simple-to-use word processor built in
- timestamp formatting - add them in the format of your choice
- hotkeys for common transcription phrases like "overtalking" or "unclear"
- plays video files with visuals displayed
- saves transcripts in .txt format
- great support, feedback welcomed
- regular free updates
- free trial only plays the first two minutes of audio
More features coming soon!
Playable file types include:
Mp3, wav, mp4, 3gp, ogg, flac, aac and m4a, but other types such as wma, flv, ftr, dss and ds2 can be played by converting them to mp3 or wav on your desktop first. For a full list of playable file types, visit: http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html
Compatible Foot Pedals:
Olympus RS31H, RS28H, RS27H
Philips ACC series
Compatible Physical Keyboards:
Any USB or Bluetooth keyboard
IMPORTANT: Bluetooth devices can be connected to your phone without an adapter, but to connect USB foot pedals and keyboards to your Android device you will probably need an adapter. Please read this page carefully:
Before leaving a negative review, please contact us at [email protected]
with any feedback so that we can attempt to address your issue. All correspondence will be answered. Thank you!